Stay up to date with the 2017 AMH Book or Online
As with every edition, the hundreds of amendments, updates and additions reflect the latest shifts in evidence and practice. Some AMH 2017 changes:
- more than 20 new drugs, including Ulipristal for emergency contraception, Idarucizumab for reversal of dabigatran anticoagulation and Paritaprevir with ritonavir, ombitasvir and dasabuvir for chronic hepatitis C
- reviewed and updated therapeutic topics, eg Dyslipidaemia now includes evolocumab and a table comparing lipid-lowering drugs
- new safety information, eg severe skin reactions with bromhexine
New online Drug Interactions Search capability for interactions between drug/drug or drug/class pairs.
AMH Aged Care Companion
Our trusted, practical reference for doctors, nurses and pharmacists who work with older people. April 2017 online edition changes include:
- a new topic on age-related macular degeneration
- other topics reviewed such as aspiration pneumonia, coronary heart disease, delirium, heart failure, polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis, type 2 diabetes, and urinary incontinence.
AMH Children’s Dosing Companion
The January 2017 online release includes new monographs for abatacept, anakinra, colchicine, glycopyrronium and ulipristal, as well as revised doses for codeine in children following a TGA review.
In cystic fibrosis, there are new doses for ivacaftor and a new monograph for the lumacaftor/ivacaftor combination.
Antimicrobial doses were reviewed for acute otitis media and Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia (PCP).
All in all, this edition now includes information on nearly 400 drugs.
Beware - buying electronic AMH products from other sources
Electronic versions of all AMH products are ONLY available for purchase from the AMH website. Any other website advertising the sale of AMH products may contain malicious software that may harm the integrity of your computer.
Likewise, any unauthorised email offer on these products could be spam. If you are unsure of its content, please delete the email and report the incident to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
To buy AMH print products, please go to the support page of the AMH website and select AMH Stockists found under the heading Where to buy AMH products