Be up to date with the 2023 AMH Book or Online
We are constantly improving and updating the AMH. Here are some examples of the recent changes that may interest you:
- COVID-19 updates, including more detail on COVID-19 vaccines and the oral treatments molnupiravir and nirmatrelvir with ritonavir
- new monographs, eg eptinezumab for migraine prevention, diroximel fumarate for MS
- revised therapeutic information, eg for psoriasis, heart failure, stroke
- many new and revised drug interactions, eg aspirin + NSAIDs
There is a summary of key changes, including all new and deleted drugs, in every edition.
AMH Children’s Dosing Companion – July 2022 release
Changes in the July 2022 release (print and online) include new monographs for:
- 6 neuromuscular blocking agents and the reversal drug, sugammadex
- ranibizumab for retinopathy of prematurity
- remdesivir to treat COVID-19 in children >3 kg
- secukinumab for moderate-to-severe psoriasis
- evolocumab for familial hypercholesterolaemia
- calcipotriol with betamethasone, nicotine replacement therapy in adolescents, and ruxolitinib.
Dosing and administration instructions have been added for a new formulation of budesonide that dissolves in the mouth for eosinophilic oesophagitis. There’s also new advice about the best time to take oral levonorgestrel as an emergency contraceptive.
Many small but important changes are made in every update of the CDC; these are outlined in the Summary of key changes. You should make checking this summary one of the first things you do with every new release.
2022 AMH Aged Care Companion
The 2022 AMH Aged Care Companion is available now in Book or Online.
The AMH Aged Care Companion is our trusted, practical reference for health care professionals who work with older people.
The selected topics included in this companion reflect some of the most common illnesses and problems requiring drug treatment that confront the aged.
With every update, there are many changes to ensure the information remains current and relevant to the use of medicines in older people.
The April 2022 update includes added content and a number of changes. Some that may be of interest include:
- updated topics including benign prostatic hyperplasia, heart failure, immunisation, influenza, osteoarthritis, pain assessment, skin infections
Many small but important changes are made in every update of the ACC; these are outlined in the Summary of key changes. You should make checking this summary one of the first things you do with every new release.
Beware - buying electronic AMH products from other sources
Electronic versions of all AMH products are ONLY available for purchase from the AMH website. Any other website advertising the sale of AMH products may contain malicious software that may harm the integrity of your computer.
Likewise, any unauthorised email offer on these products could be spam. If you are unsure of its content, please delete the email and report the incident to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
To buy AMH print products, please go to the support page of the AMH website and select AMH Stockists found under the heading Where to buy AMH products