Stay up to date with the 2021 AMH Book or Online
We are constantly improving and updating the AMH. Here are some examples of the recent changes that may interest you:
- new monographs, eg semaglutide for type 2 diabetes, tafenoquine for malaria
- new class for migraine prevention, calcitonin gene-related peptide antagonists, including new monographs for fremanezumab and galcanezumab
- revised therapeutic information, eg for asthma, bipolar disorder
- updated safety information, eg VTE with tofacitinib
- more combination products now have separate monographs, eg empagliflozin with metformin.
There is a summary of key changes, including all new and deleted drugs, in every edition.
In AMH online, our useful tables now appear within the relevant pages (no need to click!), eg tables comparing lipid-lowering drugs, or combined oral contraceptives.
AMH Aged Care Companion - April 2020 release
The AMH Aged Care Companion is our trusted, practical reference for doctors, nurses and pharmacists who work with older people.
With every update, there are many changes to ensure the information remains current and relevant to the use of medicines in older people.
Changes in the April 2020 release that may be of interest include:
- updated topics including behavioural & psychological symptoms of dementia, epilepsy, immunisation, nursing home-acquired pneumonia, urinary tract infections
- a new appendix outlining medication issues for older people during extreme hot weather
AMH Children’s Dosing Companion – Jan 2021 Online release
The January 2021 online release of the AMH’s Children’s Dosing Companion (CDC) includes new monographs for:
- rivaroxaban, the first of the direct oral anticoagulants included in the CDC
- esmolol, an intravenous beta-blocker, as well as carvedilol
- two new anti-infectives: peramivir, a new intravenous drug for the treatment of influenza, and the antifungal, anidulafungin
- two new antihistamine-corticosteroid nasal sprays for allergic rhinitis: azelastine with fluticasone and olopatadine with mometasone.
Beware - buying electronic AMH products from other sources
Electronic versions of all AMH products are ONLY available for purchase from the AMH website. Any other website advertising the sale of AMH products may contain malicious software that may harm the integrity of your computer.
Likewise, any unauthorised email offer on these products could be spam. If you are unsure of its content, please delete the email and report the incident to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
To buy AMH print products, please go to the support page of the AMH website and select AMH Stockists found under the heading Where to buy AMH products